Will duphaston cause any harm during pregnancy?

Hello

Im 28weeks and 5days pregnant. After a prolonged outing during my 20th week, after a lot of walking, i had slight bleeding. I also had brown colored strand like discharge a few days earlier. The doctor prescribed me duphaston frm my 21st week till 28th week, saying it was to strengthen my uterus. And i had the duphaston tablet 10mg twice a day for 8 weeks now. Will this cause any negative effects?
Thu, 16 Jan 2014
hi,
Duphaston is progesteron derivative,which is a hormone supporting pregnancy.
Your doctor must have given it to supplement probable low levels of the hormone following bleeding.
So,don't worry, it is helpful to baby,not harmful.
Thanks