Will aspirin prevent a heart attack?

Is it true that an aspirin will prevent a heart attack? Just curious. I take 325 mg when ever I get any kind of pain.
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
's  Response
IT WON'T PREVENT IT but what will do is decrease the damage to the heart muscle during cardiac crisis known as a heart attack or heart infarct. it makes the part of your blood that forms clots slick so that it doesn't stick to the sticky plaque that has started to clog the artery that is causing the problem. Thus like a clogged pipe it lets blood slowly go through it until a plumber, better known as a heart doctor can roto rooter it and clean up the stick plaque or re-route the blood supply. need more info update your question and i will try to lead you through heart problems.