Will a possible stress fracture in the base of toe heal on its own?

I have a possible stress fracture in the base of my 3rd toe. MRI and X-ray showed stress reaction. I don t know if that means full stress fracture. I ran a marathon last week and it is actually feeling Okay. I saw the Dr. yesterday and he sayss that I need to rest it if it is ever going to heal. He said that he could put me in a hard sandal or I could just wear my shoes with orthodics. I prefer not to use the sandal. I teach P. E. and I am on my feet all day. How long will I need to back off from running. I also teach spinning classes and assume that I can continue to do this.
Thu, 17 Oct 2019