Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Will a minor thalassemia patient have difficulties in conception ?

Very Good Evening Doctor , Myself Rohit N Jangra, I love a girl and i wish to marry her and she is suffering from minor thalassemia . My question to you is will there be any difficulties in conception due to this disease???
Asked On : Sun, 10 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  282
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Hi Rohit
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
Usually there is no problem in conception. Following are the results in Thalassemia Minor Pregnancy where...Mother Thalassemia Minor + Father Normal
Result = 80% - Normal Child , 10% - No child , 07% - Thalassemia Minor Child , 03% - Thalassemia Major Child.
There is slightly increased incidence of miscarriages and low birth weight babies. Thalassemia Minor mother may suffer from anemia and require iron supplements. Patient need to have frequent checkups during pregnancy. All the best .
Answered: Sun, 10 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor