Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Wife is pregnant. Has shortage of blood. How to cure this in 15 days?

my wife s 9th month is started of pregnanacy.only 15-20 days are left of delivery.She has weakness.according to Doctor She is Shortage of Blood .Now a days my wife is mently disturb.Doctor Recomended her Fefol VIt Caps or Sagobion Caps & advised to Eat every thing & every time. I want to ask you that if there is any way which will remove shortage of blood in 15- days.?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  181
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
OBGYN 's  Response
The treatment of anemia in pregnancy depends on the severity of anemia and the stage of pregnancy. While the mild types can be managed with oral medication when spotted early in pregnancy, the moderate and severe varieties need parenteral route of treatment,i.e., intramuscular and intravenous iron injections and blood transfusions.No medication can cure the anemia within 15 days. The best way to get quick results is by blood transfusion. You may get further information from your consultant. Take care.
Answered: Fri, 15 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Mrs Sumeet Baheti's  Response
I would like to know. what you mean by shortage of blood exactly.
If it means anemia, then I would like to know her haemoglobin level.
The capsules given to her are both iron capsules.She should continue taking the medications.
I would suggest her to eat foods reach in iron content, like dates, spinach, beet, green vegetables, non vegetarian food items etc. along with high protein diet.
If the haemoglobin level is low, then your doctor can consider about giving iron injections if iron deficiency has been diagnosed or if really critically low, can consider the option of blood transfusion.
she need to take some multivitamin preparation as well.
So, please get back to us with the investigations report, so we can help you better.
Dr. Mrs. Sumeet Baheti
Answered: Sat, 16 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor