Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Wife has anechoic area in right ovary. Is pregnant. Any need to worry?

dear sir, my wife have 5.9 cm * 5.7cm anechoic area is present in right overay. and she is pregnant now. GES-7weeks 6 days. what i cant do sir. i fear about anechoic area. can u give some fruitful information. now we r giving . ovipure 5000 iu inj weekly once. and tablet duphaston 10mg morning, progestrone 200mg in the night. and also metformin , folic acid , eltroxin 25 mg she i s taking .what we can continue.tell me sir
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
thank you for your query.
The medications you are taking are appropriate, however I hope there was some past or present high risk factor in the pregnancy as you are being high doses of B HCG and progesterone to support the pregnancy.
The anechoic area you mention could be a corpus luteal cyst which is common in pregnancy.
Other ovarian cysts also are likely, and for that I need further details of the ultrasound report.
Most ovarian cysts, particularly corpus luteal cysts , are likely to regress as the pregnancy advances, however if it does not, there are chances of torsion ( twisting ), infection etc.
Please get back with detailed information for further consultation.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor