Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Wife diagnosed with TB, on AKT medicines, ALP levels high, prescribed LIV 52. Anything serious?

Hi, My wife is diagnosed with uterine TB and has been on AKT medication . 2 months of AKT4 just completed and we started AKT 3 now but his LFT report show very high Alkaline phospatese level at above 200. Is it alarming? is her liver damaging? Doctor has started LIV 52.. 2 tab twice daily. please suggest if we need to see TB specialist.
Asked On : Wed, 29 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  122
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Levels of 200 are slightly high and indicate intrahepatic cholestasis.
Since you have not mentioned other LFT values,I presume they are normal.
There is nothing to worry.
Give plenty of water to drink.
There is no role of LIV 52.
Keep getting your LFT done on regular basis.
If alkaline phosphatase levels show a consistent rising trend,then consult a Gastroenterologist to find the cause and treatment.
Answered: Wed, 29 Aug 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor