Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Widal test done. Have fever, bone pain, enlarged spleen. No effect with antibiotics. Cure?

hello : iam 27 years old i suffer the following widal test salmunela TYPHI 1/80 CRP increasing from 3.1 to 4 to 5.2 , AST 64 ALT 24 i suffer little fever daily since 3o days ranges from 36:30 to 37.7 daily and bone pains and enlarges spleen 14 cm i tool alot of anitbitoics and no response thanks
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
Thanks for posting your query to this forum,
You are having fever for almost 1 month you're result of widal test is nonspecific and also c reactive protein (CRP).
You must understand every fever is not treated by antibiotics and enlarged spleen may be due to some other disease.
You should consult a good Physician and tests to detect the cause are necessary preferably you should get hospitalized for investigation on the lines of PUO(Pyrexia of unknown origin).
Complete blood count,Peripheral smear for typing and any parasite,ultrasound of abdomen, echocardiography, if required Bone marrow examination to look into hematological diseases.
Once diagnosis is made treatment would depends on cause.
Please do not ignore your health and take appropriate action.
Take care.
Good Luck.
Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D.
Answered: Sat, 1 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor