Why the heart is palpitating fast?

I can feel my heart pounding against my chest really loudly like its palpitating and I havnt been drinking any coffee, I've just recently stopped actually. Ive been to the doctor and she said its normal and will go away because you'll stop thinking about it, but I cant stop thinking about it because its so loud and I KNOW it isnt my normal heartbeat, it feels different even tho the doc says its fine.. its really annoying! I just want it to go back to before.. can you please help?!
Fri, 17 Mar 2017

What is your pulse rate? It is better if you get an ECG done. You can take a benzodiazepine(alprazolam or clonazepam) in the meantime to reduce the anxiety which itself may cause palpitations.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Imran Shaikh