Why people die so fast in snake bite ?

In the evening after me coming back home i heard that my watch man son died of an snake bite.the snake has bitten in the morning and he died with in 2 hours of bite. what is the poision in the snake bite that is so potent that it is causing death of the person so soon
Sun, 11 Sep 2011
's  Response
its due to more anxiety and stress the people die soon. i even understand its also due snake poisioning. the poison is secreted from the fangs thats the teeth. i heard that even the teeth is removed after 10 days it can have new teeth and they are more poisonous it seems
Dr. Manish Rijhwani's  Response
The effect of the snake venom on human beings differs from person to person and type of snakes viz Neurotoxic, Cardiotoxic and Vasculotoxic
Also it depends upon the intensity of shock due to bite
gurumurthi's  Response
In Snake bite the snake releases a venom or posion which contain various substances which causes various ffects on th human body .