Owl Image

Why is there pain in my ankle ball ?

what would make the balls of my ankles hurt
Tue, 10 Jan 2012
hello,
this pain may be due to calcaneal spur or anthesiopathy(ligamental inflammation).get a xray of ankle joint and complete blood count.contact a rheumatolosist and have specific treatment protocol.
Naturopathy & Yoga Specialist Dr. Sneha's  Response
Hello Patrick

You could be having a condition called Calcaneal spur which confirms by a X Ray.
There could be many reasons for this. Get an evaluation done by an orhtopedist.
Also you will have to wear a soft cushion pad to protect your heal inside your foot wear.
If you are overweight, correct that.
Wear an appropriate foot wear or consult an accupressurist to help you manage pain better.

Dr.Sneha
Sama Wellness Clinic

Disclaimer

Dear Patrick,
If you meant that your heels hurt and you are somewhere in your 30s to 50s it could be Plantar fascitis. This typically manifests by pain which occurs mainly during early hours during your first footsteps.
Try contrast bath for both your feet. Keep your left feet soaked in cold water and Right in hot for 2-3 min. Then exchange the basins. Repeat this at least 4 times a day for 2 weeks. You will also need some analgesics. MCR (microcellular rubber -soft sole) slippers will be of help.