Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Why is there itching in my rectal area ?

I am 58 years old and I have itichiness in my rectal area. Is it possible that it is an STD?
Asked On : Wed, 25 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  89
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Welcome Healthcare Magic.....
Itchiness at the rectal area could be commonly due to a fungal infection , because the moisture around the area favours fungal growth and infection.
Can it be a STD possible ?? if you are practising anal intercourse and you are the receiver.
To confirm whether its a STD or a fungal infection you need to consult a physician who can send the swab from the area for culture and sensitivity.
Fungal infection - can try clotrimoxazole-hydrocortisone ointment for a local application.Candid-B ointment.
Answered: Wed, 25 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor