Why is smoking dangerous to our health ?

why is smoking dangerous to our health? explain the answer.?
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
's  Response
Let's start by looking at the contents in cigarette smoke: It contains 6 toxins: * Tar - we use it to pave streets * Nicotine - An insecticide ... it's a poison that kills things. * Carbon monoxide - Blocks the body's absorption of oxygen * Formaldehyde - used to preserve dead bodies * Hydrogen cyanide - cyanide is used in executions * Benzene - a component of gasoline Look at the above & ask yourself, do I want this in my lungs? Do I need to go further? OK, my mother in law smoked and she contracted and died from lung cancer. God rest her soul.