Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Why is my wife experiencing pain and burning after intercourse and what can be done ?

sir, i am married man, age about 39years, my wife is 32 years, i have marriage 8 years ago, from then when i sex with my wife, after sex she fill pen & some time fill like burning pen why it is going on and what is its solve?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jul 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  179
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
It seems that your wife might have some infection in lower genital tract.
Go for ultra sound and vaginal swab test.
There is possibility of vaginismus where vaginal muscles go into spasm while insertion of hard stuff into vagina.
consult gynaec and find out the cause.
ok and bye.
Answered: Sat, 2 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
Thanks for your query.     

painful coitus or post coitus pain or burning is seen case of infection .So she is suffering from some vaginal infection.Get her checked and treated .You both should take treatment simultaneously ,otherwise it will recur .Use condom for during treatment periods .Painful coitus can also occur due to lack of sufficient foreplay,as there is less vaginal secretions
‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”
Answered: Sat, 2 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hello Mr.Shamim;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The main reasons for painful sex can be :-
-if your wife has had a vaginal delivery the vaginal opening can become smaller due to stitched episiotomy.
-lack of lubrication
-pelvic inflammatory disease.
So you can try a lubricating jelly called K-Y jelly ;apply it to the vaginal opening before sex and even if that is not reieving pain you can use xylocaine jelly which is a local anaesthetic .But it will be better if you get your wife to a Gynaecologist to find if the pain is due to some other reason.She will examine and advice accordingly.
Answered: Sat, 2 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor