Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Why is my vagina burning and itching after I urinate ?

I just had sex a couple days ago while I was on my period it stopped my period we used protection but yesterday itd started burning at the end of me urinating and then it started itching is it an std ???
Asked On : Wed, 18 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  175
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
If you have had sex with a Stranger it could be STD but since you have had sex during your Periods, the chances of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease is higher even if you have had sex with a known Person. Your Symptoms also suggest Urinary Tract Infection.
You may want to get yourself examined by a Gynecologist to rule out the exact cause and if possible get a Urine culture done so that the causative organism could be found out and antibiotics Prescribed against it. Drink Plenty of water.

Wish you Good Health, Take Care.
Answered: Wed, 18 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor