Why is my stomach tender ?

i had a gi bleed last friday, i still have stomach pains an little energy why could this be? i was bringing up blood after drinking quit a bit of wine at a family party last friday, i was taken to hospital by ambulance an was put on a drip they allowed me home after a blood test . my stomach is still very tender an i have very little energy why could this be?
Fri, 20 Jan 2012
most common cause of upper gi bleed is peptic ulcer follwed by varices.also u have history of alcohol use and still tenderness is ther in ur stomach. all these giving clue towards peptic ulcer. but you have to rule out other causes also. so better, go for a uppre gi flexible endoscopy after the consultation of a gastroenterologist. simultaneously avoid alcohol,avoid spicy and oily foods take food in time.frequent smaal meals and good amount of water
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hi natalie;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The Gi bleed if it was fresh blood can be from stomach or oesophagus because of ulcer or oesophageal varices.Since you are still having tenderness in stomach it can be a ulcer also.Please follow up with your doctor and take proper medicines as advised so that the internal stomach is healed.Also please avoid wine or any drink which has fizz or contains alcohol.To feel better you can take cold milk so that your stomach tenderness is reduced.Please consult and get treated soon.
Thanks