Why is my period delayed ?

hello im cleo and im delayed for 2 months. i take pt and its negative, my stomache is big coz im chubby, is there something wrong with me?
Wed, 25 Jan 2012
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Hi Cleo,

Welcome to HCM.
Periods may be delayed due to polycystic ovaries.
Since you are chubby the possibility of polycystic ovaries is all the more likely.
Patients with polycystic ovaries may have one or more of the following :
1 > irregular periods
2 > over weight ( obesity)
3 > excess of hair growth in unwanted places ( Hirsutism)
You will need an ultra sound scan to exclude or confirm polycystic ovaries.
By the way Negative PT does not exclude pregnancy but only indicates that the pregnancy is not of the duration which can be picked up by the particular test kit.
Wish you all the best.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,Cleo,
Thanks for query,
As your pregnancy test is negative after delayed period.
This is to be evaluated
Go for ultra sound and find out the cause.
better consult gynaec and get physically examined.
ok and bye.
General & Family Physician Dr. Anand Babu M's  Response
Hi welcome to Healthcaremagic

Hi Cleo.., two months of amenorrhea is suggestive of pregnancy..., repeat the UPT again,,... it it comes negative .., get also USG of abdomen done to rule out the posibilities of causes of secondary amenorrhea.... consult a gynecologist...
Hope I have answered your question..

Takecare...