Why is my finger swollen and bruised?

hi,Just because it was a holiday i remember when my finger starting hurting which was st patty s day. It was sore the next day and it hasn t been the same since. It hurts to bend, painful, swollen etc. Now a month in a half later its bruised in a very specific spot with a small pea size bruise around the area of my knuckle. About 2-3 weeks ago prior to bruise i went to doc and they took an xray and checked to see if i had arthritis (i m 42 in good health ) they saw nothing but now the bruise and it still hurts. I m not a person that goes to the doctor for every little thing so for me to be asking is something for me. i just want to know should i be worried or it s nothing
Thu, 30 Aug 2018

It can be a minor contusion that might have developed following a minor trauma that went unnoticed.
You can can consult an orthopedic and get evaluated. You have to take an MRI scan to rule out thin hairline fractures that may get unnoticed on X-rays.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.