Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Why is my daughter suffering from pain on right side between her hip and ribs ?

My 12 year old daughter is complaining of a pain in her right side between her hip and ribs. She has no complaints regarding difficulty going to the bathroom and its not her time of the month.I have taken her temp also but all is normal. Any ideas as to what cold be the cause?
Asked On : Fri, 27 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  212
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hello and welcome to healthcare forum.
As you said, that your daughter is having pain at right side of abdomen usually without temperature, most probable diagnosis would be renal colic.
Other differential diagnosises would be mesenteric lymphadenitis and subacute appendicitis. To confirm the diagnosis your daughter will require ultra sonography and some routine blood investigation.
After that consult a surgeon with her reports for further guidance.
Best of luck.
Answered: Fri, 27 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor