Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Why is my daughter so skinny ? Please Help

My 12 year old child is very skinny. People think she is malnourished. She weighs about 65-70 punds. She MUST gain weight. Please Help!
Asked On : Mon, 13 Sep 2010
Answers:  5 Views:  468
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response
Here's a word of advice girls that age want to feel sexy and don't want to be called fat and she also want to be noticed by the boys just let ur daughter do what she wants
Answered: Tue, 14 Sep 2010
  Anonymous's Response
She doesn't want to be like this, she eats alot. She wants to gain weight!
Answered: Fri, 17 Sep 2010
Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob, her weight is not appropriate then age. you should get blood test like CBC, ESR ,Thyroid profile, as low Hb, any chronic diease n thyroid hormon imbalance cause of weight loss. if you find nothing medical prob then you should give her high protine n calcium riched diet. because at this age children wants more protine, calcium for proper growth.
Answered: Sun, 2 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
Hi well come to HCM.
There is difference between low Wt and undernourished or mal nourished.If your
daughter is physically and mentally well balanced, if you do not find any abnormality
in his study concentration, if she is not lethargic in acting,if no recurent illness,need
not worry much she will componsate her Wt later on. How ever for general health
diet rich in portein and carbohydrate will help you improve general health. Thanks
Answered: Sun, 2 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
hello.Welcome.If your child is active,playful,not dull,properly studying and cheerful then encourage her to do regular exercises and take good nourishing diet.But if she is dull,listless,not playing and irritable in nature then she should be seen by a physician and investigated and treatedGood luck.
Answered: Sun, 2 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor