Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Why is my baby suffering from high fever?

hi doc .. my 2.4 yr old baby girl is suffering from fever with 100 to 101 F for last 12 hrs i have started crocin syp but fever comes down for 1 or 2 hrs and again it raises. i am gynaecologist by profession but i am worried a lot about my kid.. we now stay in UK.. and i am not doing my job right now... please suggest me to go for any invxs or wait for 1 day... i am worried a lot...
Asked On : Mon, 16 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General Surgeon 's  Response
hello drlavanya428,
fever in child-in 2.4 old baby- usually viral but you did not mention body weight, neither given history fever with chills & rigors,breathing rate,common cold,burning in micturation,motion either loose or constipation, advice- HB,TLC & DLC,ESR, urine rourtine & microscopy, if breating rate more than 40 per mintue or dyspnea, then- X-ray chest- PA veiw, if loose motion with blood then X-RAY abdomen , treatment depends upon under lying condition e.g. for dehyration need iv fluid supplemenation, for breathlessness need- antibiotics, like amoxycillin or septran , for urinary infection- amoxycillin or septran effective, medicine dose cannot calculated because body weight did not mention, hope my advice is useful to you,thank you
Answered: Mon, 30 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor