• question-icon

Why is my BP high even after taking medicines ?

m y pressure was 129/102 and pulse 87 i take my medicine metaprolo 50mg every day never miss a dose and 10 minutes later i checked it again and it read 118/90 pulse 78
Fri, 20 Jan 2012
normal b.p is 90/60 to 140/90.
first step should be diatery modification.
reduce salt intake,watch for few weeks,increase your physical activity.then only continue medication.
OBGYN Dr. Reji. D's  Response
hi,first up all what is your age?? do you checked BP by self with digital BP apparatus ?if so due 2 anxiety BP may be littile bit high!if you are above fifty it is normal.normal BP is 120/80 it vary with age!i think that your BP is controlled with metoprolol so continue it!