Why is losing weight beneficial to your heart ?

Fri, 11 Dec 2009
's  Response
Simple answer is your heart doesn't have to work as hard to circulate blood through your body.

What is the likelihood that a 26yr female could have a heart attack ? I have struggled with my weight my entire life. I am obese. I have recently lost 30 pounds but it s hard for me to lose more weight. Other than my weight, stress is my only risk factor for a heart attack. I recently started working out in an effort my improve my heart s health. I m not a diabetic; i don t have high cholesterol . Just wanted an opinion. I haven t been able to find stats about young adults having heart attacks.

Could you tell me what could be causing my heart palpitations(some times it feels like it is in the middle of my chest as well)? I have been having them for a couple of months now. I have not had caffeine in over 2 weeks and have even eliminated caffeine, sugar, wheat, dairy and gluten in the past two weeks but nothing makes a difference. It is a very irritating feeling because it is nonstop everyday. I am physically active and in pretty good shape although I am trying to lose some unwanted weight. Any comments would be greatly appreciated! I am a 46 year old female.

Every day or two, I experience an odd physical episode that starts in the back of my neck and moves into my shoulders and down into my arms and chest. A burning sensation in my muscles much like how it feels when lifting weights until your muscles burn feeling extreme fatigue. It will last from 30 seconds to 2 minutes and then stop. Very odd and scary feeling. I don t have difficulty breathing during these episodes and it doesn t seem that my heart rate increases. My chest does seem tight while burning and I don t feel light headed or that I might lose consciousness. I do have degenerative disks in the back of my neck and spine and feel that this is May be a pinching of a nerve that causes this temporary problem. Sometimes happens when I lift something or just sitting at my desk. It might happen in the shower as I m washing myself.

Recent questions on  Weight loss

my now 18 year old daughter has experiencing hair thinning you can see to her scalp. and hair looks unhealthy, weight loss, pale, anxiety, moody, depression or low self asteem. we started with vitamins and supplements for the last 4 months but no change. im thinking thyroid? plz. help

my mother is 50 years old,she has a herniated disc(L1,s1),she was asked by the doctor to undergo weight reduction,she was suggested by her hypnotherapist to go for herbal life products ,she continued it for 4 moths but only lost 4 kgs. she stopped it for a week now,now she is not feeling well,she is womiting,motions ,having stomache pain.and most times she is having vomiting sensation ,soetimes hyeadache..she is also having gastric problems from past 4 years.plz do advice me whatt should i do now. should i consult the coreligionist(under whose supervision she is taking medications) or the gastroentrologist or the nutritionist ...in such case u plz suggest me a good nuetriniost.

I am two years out from bariatric surgery. When I eat a meal, sometimes, I have to lay down because my heart starts beating so hard. What does it mean when I can feel my heart beating by putting my hand on my chest? It often takes up to 2 hours until the heart calms down.

Hi , im 16 sorta morbidly obese....kay yea im morbidly obese but im somewat tall lik not 6 foot but im lik 180 cm anyway im wondering wat are some things i can do to prevent getting diabetes , i enjoy water fasting and i heard it helps as well as make you lose weight . is there anything else other than excercising and eating right and water fasting that i can do . im not saying lik i dont wanna exercise and eat right im saying what more can i do? thanks

I am a 39 year male and I am urinating every 30 minutes to 1 hour. I don't have any pain or discoloration. Just concerned at how often im going I'd like to know what this could be if anything dangerous or to be concerned of.

Can I reverse a possible chance that I have Typ 2 diebetties ?

How much ghee is good in a day if I have normal health reports