Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Why is conversation difficult?Why am I shaky and anxious?

Hi, I ve been wondering about this for over half a year now and I have not told anybody except for a best friend who is also my lover.. I ve been searching over the internet for anything that i could be experiencing. I live at home with my Farther who leaves at 6 am and returns home anywhere from 3pm to any later then the next day. When he is home we don t speak. I find it difficult to make conversation with anyone in general. I get shaky and feel like burtsing into tears when anyone even greets me with a Hello . I feel very loanly and I ve started seing things from the corner of my eyes. I ve had experiences with alot of night mares and sometimes I wake up moody, as if I could go on a rampage and break everything, but then I ll sit down and have a think about and feel like burtsing into tears again because nothing seems real- Once I locked myself in the bathroom for about 2-3 days because I thought there was someone waiting behind the door ready to stabb me. I have abit of a fear of Windows, during the night and of closed doors. I hide all this frm everyone around me. People call me the girl that never crys . I feel so depressed and the only thing the internet tell me is that I may have an anxiety disorder .. That makes me feel so stupid and really freaks me out. I just would like to talk to someone who can help me work this out for abit, I don t exactly know if i would have an anxiety disorder, but everything seems to link to it. Can someone please tell me if I have an anxiety disorder or not, or if it s just something every teenager goes through. Thankyou, Jael.
Asked On : Sat, 12 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Your symptoms could be anxiety-related or even indicative of a psychotic disorder. You need a detailed psychological assessment to ascertain what psychiatric problems you are suffering from. I would advise you consult a psychiatrist for a detailed evaluation and further treatment. There are effective treatment options - in the form of medication or counselling / psychotherapy which can help you overcome your problems.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Sun, 28 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor