• question-icon

Why is R-cinex used?

I was prescribed to take R-cinex two tablets every morning with empty stomach and I think I was prescribed to take this medicine for brain tumor. I was 16 at that time so I don't know much about my condition at that time. But I am facing some problems now and I am trying to understand what had happened to in order to understand the consquences. Can R-cinex be prescribed for brain tumor?
Tue, 23 Sep 2014
Hello
R-cinex i.e. rifampicin+isoniazide ( may in strength of 100 mg each according to your weight at that time).
This combination is mainly used as an ANTI TUBERCULAR DRUGS ( may be in brain or extra pulmonary or pulmonary tuberculosis or in tubercular meningitis ) but this is not necessary .
Although isoniazide is main anti tubercular drug but RIFAMPICIN can be also used in staphylococcal aureus, N.meningitidis, H.influenzae, e COLI, klebsiella, pseudomonas, proteus & legionella.

So ( brain tumor may be some swelling in brain also termed as tumor ) it is not sure for which purposes these drugs were prescribed you in past.
So if you have any problems , feel free to write down.
Good luck