Why is Dexamethasone dosage increased while on treatment for a glioma?

my son has 3 level glioma and has been on dexamethasone 2 mg 2x daily and valpuric acid 750 mg. 2x...they want to increase it to 2000 mg daily, we follow a strict organic diet, no meat, no dairy, why such an increase? have been through 6 weeks of chemo and radiation......
Thu, 31 May 2018
Oncologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Steroid alleviate symptoms of mass effect and edema. They thus help to prevent seizure.

Thanks and regards.