Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Why has my son not reached his puberty ? He is 16 years old ?

My son is already 16 and yet I don t see any signs of sexual development. No mustache or beard .. No hair in his underarms. I even tried checking his genitals while toweling. They are still small like a kid s and no pubic hair . Should I be worried?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  103
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic forum
you need not to worry as there is sexual development up to 21 yrs age
in some boy it come early and in some late
be relax and be positive
if needed dr will do s. testosterone test also .
dont let him feel guilty for this reason .
i hope i have answered your question.
Answered: Fri, 29 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Usually secondary sexual characters start developing in 14 years in males. Since he hasn't developed body hair, there is delay in sexual development which can be due to genetic defects, constitutional growth delay or other possible causes. It is best he gets examined by the Paediatrician to get a thorough checkup and the cause be found out and appropriate treatment instituted.
Answered: Fri, 29 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor