Why eating an indian meal makes my father experience an angina attack ?

Does anyone know why eating an indian meal makes my father experience an angina attack? My father is 60 years of age and has had a triple heart bypass about 5 years ago. The symptoms of angina disapeared for a while after his operation but unfortunately returned. He has angina attacks when very emotional and if subjected to cold conditions. More recently tho, eating a meal such as his favourite chicken tikka massalla have also brought these attacks on. Does anyone know why this is? All feedback would be welcome. Thank you
Wed, 16 Dec 2009