Why does my son have a dark ring around his neck ?

why does my son have a dark ring around his neck? he is 7
Mon, 3 Oct 2011
Drug/Medication ,  
hi
it may be vitamin or protein deficiency.
or photo reaction
apply sunscreen twice a day.
apply hydrocortisone cream at night.
give him diet rich in protein and vitamin

My son has a dark ring around his neck that looks like dirt. He has been tested for diabetes and was negative. He is in high school and am really concerned that he will be made fun of. Are there any over the counter lotions or anything that will work to lighten the dark spots? Thank you!

Last month while visiting my son in NJ I noticed what I thought was a bite on the back of his neck right adjacent to his left bottom hairline. He told me it was a lyphoma, he said lymphoma without the m); said about three doctors had seen it and they said yes that s a lyphoma and that he could have it removed or not, he said they seemed to be unconcerned. Well I am alarmed -- please tell me exactly what a lyphoma is, whether it is cancer or not (son has since told me he has had this rather smooth-looking cyst, about the size of a golf ball but not protruding at all but it is a little pink which is why I noticed it next to his dark hair -- for about ten years which shocked me as he has never mentioned it and I never noticed it before (he has lived away since gradutating from college, is now married w/three children). The bothersome thing is every time I look it up on-screen, Lymphoma comes up w/it even more prominently and I can t seem to find a clearcut explanation of it. Please tell me all you can and what we should be doing about it at this stage. Thanks so much.                                                                  

My son is 6 I noticed lumps in his neck a year ago and took him to the dr they said they were just cysts but he is really sickly looking all the time ( pale dark eyes) he plays great has loads of energy most of the time but is very grumpy wines a lot I m just wondering if I should be concerned

Recent questions on Sun tanning

I have realised every time i go to the beach and i spend my time tanning, i always get red dots all over my legs. They are no painful or raised or itchy. They are just dots (look a lot like freckles). No-one else i know gets this, they all get smooth tans and then i have red dots all over my legs! I noticed this before when i was younger too.Why does this happen? Can i prevent it because it really doesn t look nice and makes me self conscious

Well,I have a question that is now related to a sunburn I received on my forehead that resulted in discoloration. I do not know where to turn and I can t afford to see a derm =[ Ok, long story short, I went hiking in Yosemite and received a sunburn on my shoulders and forehead (I didn’t wear any sunscreen). My shoulders have peeled and look normal now, however, my forehead actually formed blotches of tender pink. I noticed this a couple days after hiking, that there were a few patches on my forehead that were actually lighter in color than the rest of my face (somewhat pinkish). I then applied aloe vela for the next week, along with sunblock, and stayed out of the sun as much as possible. I never stayed in the sun for extended periods of time. After one week of doing this, the patches on my forehead are no longer pink, but still somewhat lighter than the rest of my face—my face is tan, and the patches are lighter tan. (not terribly lighter, but it is noticeable if you look at it in the right angle) =( Just in case this helps, I am a very tan person and never really get sunburned. My questions are: 1. What exactly happened to my forehead? Is this a normal result of sunburn? 2. Is this going to scar? Will the skin patches on my forehead ever return back to the same color as the rest of my face? 3. Am I taking all the right steps in treating my face? Sunblock, aloe vera? What else should I be doing? Sorry for all the questions, but ANY help/advice would be appreciated. Am I overreacting since it’s only been 2 weeks? It is just making me worry a lot and almost insecure since I am afraid it might last like this forever or a verrry long time. Worried Ron

10 years ago I got sun poisoning from second degree sunburns. I just found out last year Melanoma runs in my family on my father's side. He had it as did his mother. I'm extremely fair-skinned and burn easily. What is my susceptibility to skin cancer?

are there benefits of UV radiation?what are the effects of UV on the eye?what are the effects of UV on the skin?does UV interact with the immune system?what are some human health problems that are caused by over-exposure to UV light from the sun?does UV light kill bacteria?does everyone that comes in contact with over exposure of UV light get cancer?does acne get effected by UV rays? Is there a difference in the effects of UV rays and natural sun light?How to prevent against skin cancer?

My daughter was sun tanning for the last 3 days . She is fairly pale. She was in the heat for about 2 hours each day and put zero sunscreen and a ton of sun tanning lotion so she can get a quick XXXXXXX Well, that didn't work well at all. She went...

Tanned Skin with Acne Spot Kindly suggess any effective cream for skin lightening and spot removal within short period of time

Hii, me KB. Of 25 years old. My skin tone is dark, I hv already used cream melacare and otherone I forgot bt after stop using my skin become darker den normal skin tone. Wt to do? Should I use the Eukroma cream for glow? Will remain there effect...