Why does my heart beat fast when I am smoking?

why does my heart beat fast when im high on smoking marijuana? is that bad? can it kill you? why does my heart beat fast when im high on smoking marijuana?
Thu, 17 Dec 2009
's  Response
A side effect of marijuana is a slightly increased heart rate. This isn't something you should be concerned about as it's not harmful. It doesn't cause palpitations or murmurs or anything like that. Just a slightly increased heart rate for a little while, nothing more, nothing less. The current death toll directly due to marijuana ingestion: 0