Why does my heart always beat fast when someone is around ? where do these weird feelings/reactions come from ?

This is a scientific question. Really. How come when we see someone we have a crush on our hearts go besurk? What triggers it... besides being slightly nervous (some of what happened to me had to do with nerves). I always wonder about it because it doesn t make full sense to me... the whole thing with heart having relation to feeling love or lust for somebody is just a myth yet it still beats fast or stops when someone we really like is around. For instance I was in the same room, in fact a couple of seats down from this boy I secretly have a crush on, and I could literally hear my own heart beating and felt it everywhere from my chest to my pulse. Sometimes I can even feel my face heat up. And then the second he looks away or is out of sight it goes back to normal. Just curious.... it s like a where do babies come from question but this time it s where do these weird feelings/reactions come from?
Wed, 16 Dec 2009