Why does my foot turn red and hurts while walking after removal of toe nail ?

I had a bad infected toe for awhile, and I didn t seek care for it. In January, 2011 I went to the emergency room and they removed the toenail , but the little bubble on the side of the toe/nail is still there. I was told to go to a podiatrist within 2-3 days, and I couldn t because I couldn t afford it, and I have no insurance. Now my foot turns red when I walk, my toe has been hurting a little, and my foot and leg feels a little numb and weird. My head has also felt a little numb a few times, and my chest has been hurting. I have also had bad nausea . Is this because of my toe? Or is something else wrong with me?
Wed, 28 Dec 2011