• question-icon

Why does genital wart reappear after discontinuing use of Podowart ?

Hi, i am 29 years old, and i have genital wart, i went to see the doctor and he suggest me to apply podowart, i had apply it and after one week the wart goes away, but it occurs again after two weeks,so should i continue to apply it again or not? i m really worried please help me. thank you.
Tue, 10 Dec 2019

Verruca on genital is called condyloma accuminata. Podophyllin is very effective on this warts. Warts has tendency to recur. The cause may be poor immunity. You should reapply the podowart on the lesions till the total cure. And steps should be taken to improve the immunity.

Hope this helps.

Dr.Ilyas Patel, Dermatologist