Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Why does food smell like burnt food to me ?

coffee and cooking always smells burnt to me the last three days I m 51, prostate survivor for 3 years, just stopped hormone tharepy (31 months). For the last three days my coffee smells like it was burnt when roasted. It s any coffee I smell, not just mine.... Also my wife cooked last nignt and instead for smelling this fresh pizza the house smelled to me like something was burnt.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  77
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
U are suffering from Parosmia, in this condition the person interprets the smell differently.

How to proceed to come out from this condition.

1- First of all, consult an ENT surgeon to rule out any other nasal pathology, it might be a form of rhinitis.

2- Use liquid paraffin nasal drop 2-3 drops four times a day.

3- Avoid dust n sun.

4- Avoid smoking and alcohol.

This will definately help you
Answered: Tue, 12 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor