Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Why do my hands and legs sweat a lot ?

Dear sir , my hands and legs are sweating by birth and i have a lot of problems with this how can i get a solution . my age is 31 years
Asked On : Fri, 11 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  675
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
This is known as hyperhydrosis, it is a common condition due to excessive secretion from the sweat gland.
aluminium chloride hexahydrate is a good medicine available for this , you could contact your doctor and get a prescription.You may need to apply this during bed time for 8 to 10 days successfully.Anticholinergic medicines are also helpful , if your not benefited with medicines ,last resort is to go for surgery called sympathectomy.

This is only a symptomatic condition and nothing to worry much if you can deal with it.

Wish you good health
Answered: Fri, 11 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
You are suffering from Hyperhidrosis, it usually affects the palms of the hands, soles of the feet and underarms. Besides disrupting normal daily activities, hyperhidrosis can cause social anxiety or embarrassment. Don't worry, fortunately many medical and surgical options are available to cure this condition. You can try Aluminium Chloride Antiperspirant cream over the areas you most sweat, in the night, make sure the areas are dry before you applying. It may cause itching and irritation, so wash it off in the morning. If you develop skin irritation apply Hydrocortisone cream. But before doing all this, get yourself examined by a Doctor first.
Answered: Fri, 11 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor