Why do i keep feeling like my heart is beating too fast?

Why do i keep feeling like my heart is beating too fast, and i have weird breaths sometimes? i dont know if it is my heart, but i have this thing recently where it feels like my heart is beating way faster than normal. like multiple beats, it is not a normal rhythm. it only does that for a second, but it makes me breathe weird, like i sorta lose my breath, what could be the problem?
Fri, 11 Dec 2009
's  Response
If it feels like your chest "flutters", then it is likely heart palpitations which can be caused by PVC's, PAC's, or Atrial Fibrillation. If it's happening often you should definitely see a doctor. They will likely do an EKG and see if you have ectopic (abnormal) beats or a heart murmur.