Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Why do i have to go to a cardiologist?

i was thinking back to when i was a little child, and i remember having to see a cardiologist every year when i was very young (unit i was about 7 or 8) i remember waiting a long time to go in and every time i went, they sent me home with a small machine that had wires all on my chest , and they would tell me i had to come back until my mom just stopped taking me oh yah and they used to do an ultra sound of my chest i was just wondering if anybody else had to go throught the same thing or if its normal for a child, because my mom wont tell me why
Sun, 20 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
  User's Response
The wires all over your chest could have been a Holter Monitor which they use to "monitor" abnormal heart rhythms to see if any are present. It would be foolish for your mother not to tell you about this because some day, it could become an important part of your health history. Ask her again and tell her it is important for you to know this information.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor