Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Why do I sense an evil entity in my room?

Hi. I am 18 years old and recently I have had difficulty with sleeping. I have this problem for over a year now...It usually happens when I am about to fall asleep I get a feeling that there is something in my room that I can only describe as evil and wants to hurt me. Sometimes I am unable to move (this is not always the case) and have an intense feeling of fear. I have also heard this thing in my room whisper my name and sometimes whispering. I have also felt a pressure on my mattress and something touching me. This has also happened to me when i woke up from sleep. This has happenes to me before when I was around the age of twelve...I can t talk to it about anyone not even my own GP incase they tell me I think I m crazy or imagining things. I am now afraid to go to sleep and am also extremely tired during the day even when i do manage to get some sleep. Please help me. S.
Asked On : Fri, 30 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi chemicalcheez,

I am NOT starting out telling you that you are crazy. Although I am not familiar with parapsychology, unexplained phenomenon occur daily. So, I am not going to attempt to puzzle this out.

I will state, there are certain medications (prescription and illegal) that can induce these symptoms. Also, if our brain's chemistry is not balanced, you may experience these types of symptoms. You are giving me descriptions of paranoia along with auditory and tactile hallucinations. Have you attempted to change your sleep routine? Have you attempted to sleep in a different location (both within your home and outside of your home)?

Are you a very spiritual-based person? Have you attempted to enlist help from your local clergy?

No family physician should make you so uncomfortable that you cannot confide in him/her. If you do not trust your own physician, see another. I believe you could benefit from seeing a therapist in addition to a clergyman.

I'm trying to address your problem from two points - medically and spiritually. If this is a medical problem, the sooner you find out and begin the correct medications, the quicker the symptoms will abate. If this is a spiritual situation, I hope you have a clergyman that is willing to help you. Attempt to speak to a catholic priest.

Be well,
Dr. Kimberly
Answered: Fri, 30 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor