Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Why do I have pain during sex and while urinating after sex ?

i have pain when having sex the pain is burning and after sex i get this watery discharge and when i urinate it is burning im 25 and i started having this whitish thick dscharge like cottage cheese then i got over the counter treatment for it,after sometime when i have sex i get this burning pain and when i pass urine after sex i get that burning pain,but the problem disappears after a day provided i dont have sex
Asked On : Mon, 6 Jun 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  122
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
It appears you have a fungal infection called Vaginal candidiasis. It needs proper examination by the Gynaecologist before treatment. You also have a Urinary tract infection. Give in your Urine for testing also. The disease is not sexually transmissible. Do not engage in intercourse till your symptoms are relieved. The usual medicine given is a single dose of Fluconazole tablet. Do consult with you Gynaecologist. Also get a blood test for Diabetes done.
Answered: Mon, 6 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
u have fungal infection and need to consult doctor
apply antifungal cream twice a day
drink more water
u need to take some oral tab also
keep area dry and clean
Answered: Mon, 6 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
You are most likely having fungal infection which needs treatment. Please consult a gynecologist, for proper examination, diagnosis and treatment. Over the counter treatment is not advisable. Your partner may also be having infection, and needs to be examined.
Answered: Mon, 6 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hi welcome,
there will be definitely infection at your urogenital track.
you consult doctor and get checked well and treated well.
you can continuously practice sits bath also in order to prevent from future infection .
take plenty of fluid intake and avoid acidic food like pickle in excess.
increase alkaline food like cucumber,carrot etc..
thanking you
Answered: Mon, 6 Jun 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor