Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Why do I have acidity problem only when I have some oily or spicy food ? All reports are normal too

Hi, my problem is very strange, I m not taking any cffiene food, no spicy food since 4 years, so what happen some time I tried spicy food as I swallow little bit spicy(red chilli, lemon,black pepper) oh my god .. with in a sec ... I feel like spices sprinkled on the wound . doc said It s acidity. barrium x-ray done, h.pylori is normal, There is no GERD shown in the x-ray. so what is happening with me. but I m having acidity some times when I ate very oily food, or fatty food and some times with large meal and I have fluttering sensation in my chest same time when I have acidity. plz help ... let me know what should I tell my gastro. doc. I take prilosec 40mg twice when I have acidity as doc s order. otherwise pepcid PRN. GOD BLESS YOU . please suggest some thing..
Asked On : Thu, 30 Jun 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  147
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
You do have a higher propensity of gastric mucosal damage due to excessive acid secretion which gets triggered on taking oily or spicy food. It is best that you consult a gastroenterologist to rule out gastric ulcers.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Thu, 30 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
I forgot to write,the pain is in my chest not in the abdominal area.. only in chest..
Answered: Thu, 30 Jun 2011
  User's Response
It seems that u r having acid peptic disorder. why dont you try out some ayurveda medicine? here are some remedies. take sadha sutshekhar rasa 1 tab 3 times a day, kamdudha rasa with mouktika 1 tds and praval panchamrita rasa 1 tab 3 times a day!
Answered: Sun, 3 Jul 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor