Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

148 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Why do I have a bald spot scar on the back of the head ?

Bald spot scar on the back of the head , was born with it....had it all my life Hello, I was born with a scar on the back of my head...I was told when I was a baby it looked as if my head was split....It s 3Dish, meaning, you can feel it and it pops up... It is also a bald spot as well, hair grows around it, but not on it....Is there a name for it? and How much would it be to cut the tissue and flatten it? I can provide a picture if you would like?
Thu, 12 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to healthcareMagic Forum

the above signs and symptoms suggestive of a black mole on the back of the head.. No treatment is required until it is disturbing you....If the mole increase in size , discharge from it, or any other changes then you need to excise it... for further details you can consult a dermatologist...
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....