Owl Image

Why do I have Shoulder/neck pain years after surgery to remove fatty tumor ?

Approximately 4 years ago I had a fatty tumor removed from right above my left collarbone. I was told it was relatively large for where it was and when removed there was cartilage in the tumor, which the doctor said was unusual. I also do have some nerve damage still. Ever since the surgery I have had problems with my neck. The pain starts at my shoulder and travels up my neck and into the back of my head , past my ear and to the front of my head. This then resulting in headaches, almost to the extend of a migraine . (Almost daily) I ve tried dealing with it by taking medication and using pain relieving rubs. I m not sure if there s anything I can do about this, or who I should go see.. Or if it s something I will have to deal with for the rest of my life? (26 y/o female)
Sat, 7 Jan 2012