Why do I get dizziness and lightheadedness while on Lisinopril?

I was diagnosed with high blood pressure 4 years ago. I am currently on Lisinopril daily. This morning I had a few dizzy spells and was lightheaded. These symptoms are new to me. Upon taking my morning BP it was high (like it normally is for me), but my pulse rate was at 49 beats per minute.
Tue, 26 Mar 2019

Your heart rate is low and it's likely contributing to your feeling of lightheadedness and dizziness. Lisinopril does not typically affect the heart rate, so I do not I think that it is responsible for this, especially with the normal blood pressure for you. However, this is concerning, and I would recommend that you see a doctor to get an EKG to try to determine what the cause of your low heart rate is.

Sometimes this can be related to another medication that you might be taking for high blood pressure, or there may be a problem in the conduction system of your heart, but either way, an EKG should be able to help determine the cause and then determine the best treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Aaron Branch,