Why do I get bumps on the private parts after shaving ?

hi.am 21 year old girl and i weigh 72kg.i notice bumps on private parts after shaving ,i ve tried several methods all to no avail.pls what do i do
Thu, 2 Feb 2012
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Hi...dear user.,
Thanks for chosing HCM.,
Little bumps after shaving...,
could be IRRITANT DERMATITIS..,
it is due to shaving , cutting of hair buds produce...,
minor abrasions in turn produce bumps....,
1) Don't shave hairs around genitals...,
only trim with trimmer.,
2) Salt water washing is allowable...don't use any chemicals there..,
3) Apply Fusidin cream till get good result..,
4) Tab Doxicycline 100 mg daily for 7 days..,
5) If itching presnt go for Cetrizine tablets...ok..good luck.,
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Hello.
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
The bumps after shaving appear due to minor cuts that occur due to too close shaving. Best advisable thing is stop shaving and try depilation or some hair removal cream. After shaving apply some antiseptic cream in the area and lather well with soap before shaving.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
drrakhitayal@gmail.com