Why do I get abdominal pain and diarrhea after a meniscus tear surgery?

I have abdominal pain that hurts more after meals and when I press on my lower left side. I have been unable to properly move my bowels for 4 days even though I have taken ducolax and miralax. All I get is diarrhea or small stools even though I always feel like I have to go. I just had meniscus tear surgery last week and had been taking pain pills.
Tue, 12 Mar 2019

Your GI upset could be due to antibiotics and/or pain killers taken for postoperative recovery. Kindly inform your treating doctor. He will take the necessary action.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Nirmal Chander Gupta, Orthopaedic Surgeon