Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Why are we not able to have children ?

Hi, my husband was born with undecended testicles , had surgery when he was a child to fix that problem, he is now 37, we ve been trying to have kids, the doctor doesnt know what s wrong. We live in South America so I dont know what or where to start?
Asked On : Sat, 5 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.Normally when the testis are put back in scrotum at an early age this function is preserved and they are capable of producing sperm.Still to confirm this please ask him to get his semen examined after 3 days of abstinence.for you,please visit a gynecologist and get your ovulation study done,along with this get your thyroid level checked.If all this are normal there is no need to worry.
wishing you good health and all the best.
Answered: Tue, 16 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor