Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Why are the moles on my face hurting ?

hi im 23 year old female iv had 2 moles on my face all my life they have hairs growing out of them i trim the hairs using a scissors. In the past few weeks iv noticed under the area of the first mole is sore to touch it hasnt changed couor or shape, just wondering what could be the cause of this as they have never bothered me before
Asked On : Thu, 24 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  72
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi!nicola marron,
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,
The mole you have mentioned is called COMPOUND MOLE ..means which has hair growth in it.Since you are trimming it short ,probably you have got a infection underneath .Take a oral antibiotic first like azithromycin (500mg) for three days and observe..if it doesn't help then consult a dermatologist .You can get it removed with the help of laser or radiofrequency device.
take care,
Answered: Thu, 24 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor