Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Why are my periods irregular ?

age-17 gender-f I don t have a medical or treatment history of this problem. I have only had 2 periods this year and I know I m not pregnant because I m not sexually active. I have missed my period for 2 months for the second time and this time it s getting close to 3 months. Is this normal in kids who are obese? Or could there be something wrong with me. When I first started my period when I was 11 and in the 6th grade I never missed one and when I started High School I started to miss them. I don t know what is going on and I ve told my mom and she told me not to worry about it but I am because I know this shouldn t be normal.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  79
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician 's  Response
that can be because of stress as well as obesity. calculate ur BMI = wt in kg/height in mtr x ht in mtr, if its above 97th percentile for age see a endocrinologist for this, it can create problem when u become sexually active.
Answered: Sat, 9 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor