Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Why am i not getting releif from Liver cirhossis even after medication ?

My grandfather has been diagonosed for cirhossis of liver with moderate ascites . He has colon polyps which has been glued. Doctor has advised on DOXT, Raciper, Inderal & Augementine & Duplac. Are these medications all right since he is not improving at all? Please help
Asked On : Mon, 27 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to HealthcareMagic

The above treatment taken for the cirrhosis of liver is right...
you need to improve in giving protein rich diet, the ascitis and swelling of the leg is due to protein imbalance in the body due to failure in the Liver function... the above treatment will only prevent the further damage to the liver... alcohol consumption must be completely stopped... other Hepato toxic drugs must be avoided...

Take care...
Answered: Mon, 27 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor