Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Why am i missing periods for 2 years ?

im 23 years old and have just been diagnosed with polasystic overies and bicornate womb i also havent had a period in 2years and i dont know what to do or who to go to my doctor just sort of brushes me off and doesnt help me iv got lots of questions but no answers can u please help i am 23 and have not had a period for nearly 2 years and i have also been diagnosed with polysytic overies and bicornate womb i have asked my doctor for advice and medication but she jus brushs me off and is no help at all i was wonderin if there was any advice u could give me please as im very worried il never be able to have children?
Asked On : Wed, 11 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic
first of all relax. do not worry. you have polycystic ovaries, its ok dear there is a treatment. you will be able to conceive. dont take this much stress. smile! firstly please go and see an infertility specialist if you want to plan a pregnancy sometime soon or else if you are not planning a family as of now please go see a gynaecologist. a few tests need to be done after which you will be started on some medication. so get started and quickly get an appointment with a gynaecologist in your area. good luck.
Answered: Wed, 11 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

Bicornuate uterus pregnancy is a very risky pregnancy to manage.That is a reason why it is avoided in many.Polycystic ovaries can be managed and pregnancy can be planned if it is the only disorder in you.

With a combination of both , it remains a very high risk pregnancy.I advise you to chose an OBG specialist near your area from our experts panel and approach them.I hope you would get examined by them and accordingly appropriate decision can be made with their help.
Any question s , please feel free to ask any of us by comment or mail.
Good luck.
Answered: Wed, 11 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor